Iskalds forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iskalds forum

Iskalds forum.Server:Frostmane

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read this, or we'll kill your dog.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
feenyx
Admin

Read this, or we'll kill your dog. Empty
PostSubject: Read this, or we'll kill your dog.   Read this, or we'll kill your dog. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Hi, and welcome to our forums.
Specifically, welcome to our recruitment forums.
Now, you're probably here because you want to join our guild, but before you make an application, please read the following closely:

We are a Scandinavian guild. Our VT and gchat is scandinavian only, so if you can't understand and/or write/speak a Nordic language, I'm sorry, but you won't be of much use to us.

We are, for all intents and purposes, a PvE guild.
If you want to PvP, this guild is not for you.
We do PvP aswell, mainly arenas, but if you'd rather PvP than raid, this is not the guild you are looking for.

Being a PvE guild means that all our efforts are concentrated on progressing through the endgame raid instances that are Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep and the Black Temple + Hyjal eventually.
In order to achieve this, we expect a certain standard of preparations from our members. You can read up on these in the appropriate Class forums.

More over, for you to be useful to us, you need to be reliable.
Reliable includes a number of things, some of which are outlined here:

* Showing up in time for raids
* Being available 18-23 on most week nights, some weekend nights. Raid patterns may vary, we expect you to be able to follow.
* Raid preparations including Potions / Flasks / Elixirs / Buff foods
* Being motivated, always performing your best. If you slack, we will notice, and you are less likely to be invited to future raids.
* Not being a sore loser. With endgame raiding come inevitable wipe raids. It is important that even through this, you do not lose your motivation. You keep using potions / buffs for every single attempt. Most importantly, you meet up the night after to do it all over again if necessary.

Now that the fire and brimstone requirements are over, here are some other points to consider before you make an application:
- Are you really ready to dedicate yourself to this cause?
- Do you have a microphone and Ventrilo / Teamspeak installed?
- I realize that the previous point is a bit moot, because patch 2.2 will include voice chat, but I put it there anyway, so bite me.
- Can you put on a strange german accent on said voice chat?
- Do you know your classes abilities to the fullest, and are you able to put them to use in a PvE environment without getting nervous?
- Knowing your class is already important in heroics. Can you do heroics without getting killed / getting your party killed?
- Are you revered or higher with the important factions? I ask because this allows access to Heroics (for gear and nethers), and because it allows access to certain enchants and patterns that are highly useful both to yourself and our guild as a whole.

Endgame experience is pretty much a must for us to even consider you, as gearing you up is one thing, but taking 20 minutes to explain every encounter for you is not an option.
We expect you to read tactics, see videos and know encounters before we attempt them.
This is both to save time, and to save wipes because people are clueless.

Last I wanna say this:

If you read through all of this, and aren't scared yet, well done!
You may now make an application.
Please do not be too short, tell us a little about yourself, and you as a person. Being a genuinely nice person is the first requirement.

We're quite recently formed, so we haven't pinpointed exactly what classes we need yet, but feel free to leave an application regardless, or speak to some of us in-game to find out.

Impress us enough with your application, and we'll kick some slackers and let you in Smile

<You> Wall of text crits you for 5982 (crushing)

Glad you're still with me, enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Read this, or we'll kill your dog.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Iskalds forum :: General Category :: Recruitment-
Jump to: